PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect three basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Site: (1) personal information, which is any information that individually identifies you (e.g., your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, credit card information), (2) non-personal information, which is information that does not personally identify you but may include information about your interests, demographics (e.g., age, gender, occupation) and use of the Sites, and (3) device information, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. We collect this information in the following ways:
Information You Provide Directly To Us:
We may ask you to provide your personal information, demographic information or information about your preferences or interests when you:
- Sign up to receive email newsletters and product replenishment emails from us
- Shade Match Quiz
- Send Us A Selfie form
- Sign up to receive SMS/Text Messaging from us
- Virtual consultations software and related forms
- Abandoned Cart Information (i.e. name, email, and items in cart yet to be purchased)
- Submit Laws of Nature Cosmetics Affiliate UGC content
- Order placement
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Participate in surveys or special promotions
- Participate on social media accounts involving brand (i.e., on-page, direct messages, messenger, etc.)
- Knowingly volunteer information on any other part of the Site or social media platforms
Information Collected Using Technology:
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
Text Marketing and notifications: By subscribing to text notifications you agree to receive recurring automated marketing messages at the phone number provided. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Reply STOP to unsubscribe. HELP for help. Message and data rates may apply.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address and items in your cart that have not been purchased. We refer to this information as “Abandoned Cart Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- These communications are only sent to customers or subscribers who have opted in to receive them.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site—you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including Canada and the United States.
When you submit a form through this Site, we will maintain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Any financial information is not stored or used by us as all our transactions are made within Shopify does not retain any financial information once the transaction has been processed.